One Way

The other day, while out hiking with a very science minded friend with a well developed sense of fairness, the discussion about there being more than one path to God and heaven came up.  Admittedly, I did not have an answer for her. More to the point, there was a third person there, whom I'd only just met that day,and I was very aware of the two of them agreeing on there being more than one way and my fear of being perceived as narrow minded. 

I hate it when my fear of man and desire for admiration, both of which are grounded in lies, outweigh the Truth that is grounded in love.

Anyway practicing, forgiveness means we often need to forgive ourselves too - so I have, as has God.

So this morning at the crack of waking up, I got this thought...."there are 10,000 ways to die but only one way to be born, all things to do with giving life have only one natural way to that life".

I pondered on that for awhile - in fact, am still chewing on it, hence this post, as I want to get this down.

There being one way to life is a pattern already established in nature, and God uses His creation to speak to us. So if we accept that there is only one way to enter into physical life in nature,then why do we have such a hard time accepting there being only one way to enter into spiritual,eternal life?

In the natural realm,there is only one way for conception - sperm successfully fertilizes egg. While technology may alter the way conception occurs, the fundamental fact is that no life emerges unless sperm successfully fertilizes egg first.There is no other way.

There is only one way to be borne - out of the womb, through the canal. Yes, I agree, technology again can alter this via C-section but the NATURAL - as in, natures way, remains only one way.

This is true for every warm blooded mammal species on the planet - one way for conception, one way to develop towards physical life, one way to be born.

So, it makes sense to me and I believe answers the analytical mind as to why only one way to eternal life - it's a pattern God established in nature, and He uses nature to demonstrate His character and quality, not to mention His existence. We don't question the fairness of it, in fact, we tend to marvel at the brilliance around the mode of one way to physical life, so why not the same for one way to spiritual, eternal life?  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hiking as a Metaphor for Marriage

The Brotherly Agreement.....of the Moravian Church

What's in the Cup?