Full Circle I Wonder?

We have been attending back at our local church here in our hometown. This is the church that I attended about 5 years ago, and left to attend a smaller fellowship in the town next door.

There are many things that I miss about that smaller fellowship, not the least of which are the people and the teaching. It was here that I learned more about God as Father. I will forever cherish my days there. And it's time to move on, which in this case, might mean "move back" to where we started. Full circle I wonder?

So, this morning the pastor preached a terrific sermon out of 1 John. He preached on how sin confounds our fellowship, first with God and then with eachother, and how the only restoration there is, is confession. Confess your sins, and He is faithful and just to forgive you. No exceptions, no if, and, buts or maybe's about it. It's that simple.

You know, you hear something over and over and over again, and sometimes, it just gets in there in a whole new way, and this morning was just that.

Then I came home, floated around the pool, and got a wee bit sunburnt. Truly, a day of rest!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hiking as a Metaphor for Marriage

The Brotherly Agreement.....of the Moravian Church

What's in the Cup?